Dates : 26th November – 22nd December 2018
Opening Times : Mon-Wed 10.30am-8.30pm Thu-Sat 10.30am-9.30pm Sun 11am-8.30pm
Romantic and pensive Christmas atmosphere: Where could you better get in the mood for Christmas than at one of the loveliest Christmas markets in Germany? The enchanting Trier Christmas Market takes place in Germany’s oldest city on the medieval Main Market and in front of the imposing backdrop of the Trier Cathedral. In the 95 festively decorated wooden booths you will find Christmas articles such as Christmas decorations, wooden toys, candles, hand-blown or engraved glassware, gift articles, ceramics and much more. Good food awaits you as well: bratwurst sausages, potato pancakes,Gingerbread , sweets, Stollen, hot tea and Glühwein
Trier is rich in ruins from the Roman Empire (protected by UNESCO), such as the
- Porta Nigra gate
- the Roman baths (the Kaiserthermen)
- a Roman amphitheater which used to host 20,000 spectators.
- Geburtshaus von Karl Marx is where Karl Marx was born, in 1818.
- Judengasse an a former Jewish Street, that now houses different bars.
- Trier Cathedral incorporates part of a church built by Emperor Constantine and contains the relic of the Holy Robe.
- The Liebfrauenkirche is one of the earliest Gothic buildings in Germany.
- Rheinisches Landesmuseum, Trier one of the most important archeological museums in Germany
- Open air museum Roscheider Hof an ethnological museum of the Saar-Mosel-region. About 5 km south from the city centre.
Christmas Markets – Weihnachtsmarkt – Marche de Noël – Mercatino di Natale – Mercados de Navidad
German Christmas Markets or Weihnachtsmarkt,have now become popular and are a welcome and familiar sight in many of the cities, towns and villages throughout Europe during the season of Advent.
Whether visiting a local Christmas Market or taking a Christmas Market Tour, the wonderful festive atmosphere will be sure to lift your spirits and bring the Christmas cheer a little closer.
Wrap up warm and wander along the rows of pretty wooden chalets taking in the rich, warming aromas associated with Christmas such as hot roast chestnuts, grilled bratwurst sausages, crepes or pancakes, hot doughnuts, gingerbreads and Gluhwein or Mulled wines or ciders. You can sample the marzipan figures, chocolate covered fruits or one of the many festive delicacies on offer from around the world. There are all kinds of Christmas gifts and decorations, especially traditional things such as tree decorations, wood carvings, crib figures, traditional toys, candles, hand-knitted jumpers, lambskin slippers and glassware, you will be able to find that special little something that will be a unique gift for someone to treasure. Children will be excited to meet with Santa Claus and maybe, just maybe!! there will be a little present for them too!
Discover a wealth of information on travelling by Motorhome, Caravan or Boat when planning your holiday or trip of a lifetime
Which ever way you wish to travel, do it with style!