Dates : 26.11.2019 – 23.12.2019
Opening times :Sun-Thu 10am-9pm
23. Dec: 10am-8pm
The tradition of the Leipzig Christmas market dates back to the 15th Century. Due to its unique cultural and culinary offering in the Old Town, he has now acquired an almost legendary reputation. With its 250 stalls, it is one of the biggest and most beautiful Christmas markets in Germany.
Selected attractions for young and old
For the little ones, but also for the adults there will be plenty of attractions to admire and experience again.
- Santa Claus Office Hours – Wednesday to Sunday from 16:00 clock 16:45’re on the market stage
- Gnome-timbered town – Childcare in the game and Crafts City
- Fairytale Forest with puzzles for children on the meadow Thomas
- Christmas bakery and cafe with children’s shoes on the market place
- Concerts of trumpeters from the balcony of the Old Town Hall
- Historical Christmas Market “Old Leipzig” at the Naschmarkt
- with several rides including Ferris, historical Etagekarusell, Children’s Railway
- Pyramid with Feuerzangenbowle on the Nikolaikirchhof
- 51st Model Railway Exhibition
- Finnish village on Augustus Square (Opera)
Christmas Markets – Weihnachtsmarkt – Marche de Noël – Mercatino di Natale – Mercados de Navidad
German Christmas Markets or Weihnachtsmarkt,have now become popular and are a welcome and familiar sight in many of the cities, towns and villages throughout Europe during the season of Advent.
Whether visiting a local Christmas Market or taking a Christmas Market Tour, the wonderful festive atmosphere will be sure to lift your spirits and bring the Christmas cheer a little closer.
Wrap up warm and wander along the rows of pretty wooden chalets taking in the rich, warming aromas associated with Christmas such as hot roast chestnuts, grilled bratwurst sausages, crepes or pancakes, hot doughnuts, gingerbreads and Gluhwein or Mulled wines or ciders. You can sample the marzipan figures, chocolate covered fruits or one of the many festive delicacies on offer from around the world. There are all kinds of Christmas gifts and decorations, especially traditional things such as tree decorations, wood carvings, crib figures, traditional toys, candles, hand-knitted jumpers, lambskin slippers and glassware, you will be able to find that special little something that will be a unique gift for someone to treasure. Children will be excited to meet with Santa Claus and maybe, just maybe!! there will be a little present for them too!
Discover a wealth of information on travelling by Motorhome, Caravan or Boat when planning your holiday or trip of a lifetime
Which ever way you wish to travel, do it with style!