San Pedro del Pinatar is a small town and municipality in the autonomous community and province of Murcia, southeastern Spain. The municipality is situated at the northern end of Murcia’s Mediterranean coastline, the Costa Cálida, and borders with the province of Alicante.San Pedro del Pinatar (Saint Peter of the Pinewoods) is about 49 km from the provincial capital, Murcia. The municipality is situated between the Mediterranean Sea coast and the Mar Menor (“Little Sea”), a coastal saltwater lagoon which is the largest in Europe. The Mar Menor coast belongs to other three municipalities: San Javier, Los Alcázares and Cartagena. The latter is not by the Mar Menor itself, but in the Mediterranean. San Pedro del Pinatar occupies a small peninsula with 14 km of coastline between the two seas. The terrain is a mostly low-lying littoral depression, with an average elevation of only 13 m above mean sea level.
- Ethnographic Archaeological museum (Calle Dr. Mirón de Castro: It contains paleontological fossils, objects, etc. It has an exclusive room for submarine archaeology and another one for the ethnographic type dedicated to the last centuries (from the 18th century).
- Museum of the Sea (Calle Ingeniero Lorenzo Morales, 2.): marine and marine article collections.
- Conservation and research center of the Humedales “Las Salinas” (Avda. de las salinas): it offers interesting exhibitions on the natural park and the work in the salt mines.
- “Casa del reloj” or Villa of San Sebastian (Avda. Artero Guirao): an example of modernist architecture. Its Spanish president, Emilio Castelar y Ripoll died in 1899. Since the end of the 20th century it has been reconstructed and turned into a restaurant.
- Church of San Pedro Apostle (Plaza de la Constitucion): it is a temple that became a franciscan hermitage in the 17th century.
- Palace of counts Villar de Felices or Casa of the Russian (C/ Victor Pradera s/n): building in neo-mudéjar style constructed in the 19th century by order of Baron de Benifalló.
- Fish Market in Lo Pagán (Explanada of Lo Pagán): a traditional fish auction can be seen.
- The “Salinas y Arenales” natural park.
Discover a wealth of information on travelling by Motorhome, Caravan or Boat when planning your holiday or trip of a lifetime
Which ever way you wish to travel, do it with style!