A classic French recipe which has golden, glazed apples set on a bed of buttery, light pastry which just melts in the mouth, Delicious !!
200 g shortcrust pastry/puff pastry
100g icing sugar
Preheat the oven to 180°C (thermostat 6).
- Roll out the pastry, and cover a pastry dish with greaseproof pastry before placing the pastry in it. Cook blind for 15 minutes.
- Peel the apples (if you prefer, leave the skins on to add colour), remove the cores, cut into quarters and then into fine slices.
- Remove your pastry dish from the oven. Arrange your apple slices on the dish in a circular pattern as suits your dish.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and replace in the oven for another ten minutes at 150°C (Mark 5)
- Remove from mould and serve with crème anglaise
Discover a wealth of information on travelling by Motorhome, Caravan or Boat when planning your holiday or trip of a lifetime
Which ever way you wish to travel, do it with style!