La Cité du Vin is a unique cultural centre dedicated to the universal, living heritage of wine. It offers a spectacular journey around the world, throughout the ages, across countless cultures and civilisations.
La Cité du Vin is the only cultural center in the world offering this approach to wine to a wide audience. It is a place accessible to as many people as possible and open to all: people with disabilities, families, international tourists (trilingual signage and hand-held guide available in eight languages)
The immersive, sensory and interactive permanent tour:
- A 13,350 m² space split over 10 levels, from toroid to tower
- The curve of the exterior is also reflected in the interior volumes, spaces and materials
- A feeling of movement and uninterrupted flow from the inside to the outside of the building
- The wooden arch of the structure is reminiscent of the frame of a boat and resembles a huge nave
- A tower 55 metres high
- Controlled environmental impact
A scenographer’s aim is to make a visit as enjoyable as possible, transforming it into a true moment of discovery and experience. The clearer, more informative and intuitive the installation, the more ‘memorable’ it will remain. Each element of the exhibition therefore needs to become a joy; the joy of watching, understanding and also sharing. For a visit to be enjoyable it must be nuanced, with varying rhythms, intensity and elevation.
- Cite du Vin – Crédit Arnaud Bertrande
- 3,000 m² containing 19 thematic modules
- A tour available in eight languages
- Over 10 hours of visit content through more than 120
- Audiovisual productions
- Nearly 100 experts and specialists interviewed to create content
- A visit lasting around two hours
- The individual hand-held guide: a truly innovative tool enabling
- Personal discovery of the permanent tour
Single tickets, passes, season tickets: La Cité du Vin offers a full and diverse range of prices to allow you to enjoy the experience in exactly the way you want
Temporary exhibitions: the hall of columns, nearly 700 m² in size, is designed to host two cultural exhibitions per year and an exhibition by a ‘guest wine region’ every summer. It will display works of art from the greatest museums across the globe.
- The 35-metre-high belvedere offers a unique way to taste the wines of the world with a panoramic view of Bordeaux and the surrounding area.
- 250-seater auditorium for performances and concerts, screenings, conferences and debates
- Three tasting areas including an immersive multi-sensory space, and educational workshops for young audiences.
- A reading room accessible free of charge, offering a very wide
- range of materials of all kinds related to the world of wine.
- The 250m² boutique concept store is a modern, stylish space open to all, offering a selection of objects, books, limited edition items, gifts and souvenirs related to the world of wine to treat yourself or someone else.
- Three different food areas: the panoramic restaurant on the seventh floor and Latitude20.
- The Wine Routes information area on the ground floor to find out about and book a visit to vineyards in Bordeaux or elsewhere.
Discover a wealth of information on travelling by Motorhome, Caravan or Boat when planning your holiday or trip of a lifetime
Which ever way you wish to travel, do it with style!