One of the major golf destinations in the world
Biarritz is a meeting point for all European golf players as there are exceptional courses and weather conditions which allow outdoor activities all year round.
16 Golf Courses
Heritage of the English aristocracy, Biarritz has the second oldest golf courses in the European continent, the « Golf du Phare », created in 1888. What makes it special today is that it is located right in the town centre.
Exactly 100 years later, the Ilbarritz-Bidart International Training Centre was opened, the only complex of this kind in Europe, an expert facility in a superb setting overlooking the ocean. Covering over 26 hectares along the coast, it offers all the techniques necessary for amateur and professional players to improve their golf, with a training workshop including a video and a nine-hole golf route.
Biarritz has entered into golfing legend, providing the impetus for many other famous courses in the area. Today, there are 16 greens within a 100 miles radius of Biarritz. Golf players can increase the level of their performance as they go from one golf course to another:
French Basque Country
- Golf de Biarritz le Phare
- Centre International d’Entraînement Golf d’Ilbarritz – Bidart
- Golf d’Arcangues Makila Golf club Bayonne Bassussarry
- Golf de Chiberta – Anglet
- Golf de Chantaco – Saint-Jean-de-Luz
- Golf de la Nivelle – Ciboure
- Golf de Moliets
- Golf Blue Green Seignosse
- Golf Club Hossegor
- Golf de Pinsolle – Soustons Plage
- Golf de Mont de Marsan
- Pau Golf Club
- Blue Green Golf de Pau Artiguelouve
- Compact Golf Idron
The Biarritz destination Golf Pass 2018 grants the access to the most beautiful courses, from the Basque coast up to the South of the Landes region : Biarritz le Phare, Chantaco, Arcangues, Makila Golf Club Bayonne Bassussarry, Seignosse, Moliets, Hossegor, Pinsolle-Soustons, Mont de Marsan. You can choose from 2 to 8 golf courses.
To buy it online: www.biarritz-destination-golf.com
Great International Competitions
Considered as the Mecca of golf, Biarritz organises some thirty golf contests every year, some of which are at international level:
- The Biarritz Cup, which is the oldest, was created in 1898. Six hundred participants attend the competition each year on the “Golf du Phare”. The latter is held during July.
- The Golf “Makilas”, held with seven hundred participants is held in May.
Discover a wealth of information on travelling by Motorhome, Caravan or Boat when planning your holiday or trip of a lifetime
Which ever way you wish to travel, do it with style!