– State Library of South Australia –
The State Library of South Australia, located on North Terrace, Adelaide, is the official library of the Australian state of South Australia. It is the largest public research library in the state with a collection focus on South Australian information, and general reference material for information and research purposes.
It holds the “South Australiana” collection, which documents South Australia from pre-European settlement to the present day. Reference material comes in a wide range of formats from digital and electronic to film, sound recordings, photographic, video and microfiche. Library collections are not for loan and must be used on site. Customers can gain access to a large array of journals, newspapers and other resources from the comfort of their own home by registering for Home Access.
The State Library of South Australia:
- provides information, research and referral services for the community,
- actively collects, preserves and give access to the state’s documentary heritage (both historical and contemporary),
- enhances the cultural life of the state through public programs and other life-long learning opportunities,
- supports public libraries, and
- co-operates with other agencies to enhance economic, educational and social benefits of the state.
Discover a wealth of information on travelling by Motorhome, Caravan or Boat when planning your holiday or trip of a lifetime
Which ever way you wish to travel, do it with style!