A dynamic and diverse region, Tampa Bay enjoys an excellent quality of life. From the waterfront location to the Southern hospitality of its residents, the area takes prides in its vibrancy and welcoming spirit. The only city to be invaded by a band of pirates during the annual Gasparilla celebration, special events and festivals are part of the area’s cultural fabric. From balloon rides, strawberry farms and lush nature to walkable neighborhoods, the region’s character is hard to match. It easily blends its rich, cultural heritage with big-city style. With much to experience, one quickly discovers an exciting, authentic metropolis.
- Tampa Bay is the largest open-water estuary in Florida covering nearly 400 sq.miles with an average depth of 12 feet
- Average of 361 days per year with some sunshine – National Weather Service
- Bayshore Boulevard borders Tampa Bay the world’s longest continuous sidewalk at 4.5 miles
- Ybor City, once known as the “Cigar Capital of the World” produced an estimated 700
million cigars a year at the industry’s peak between 1910 & 1920
- Sunshine Skyway Bridge is the world’s longest cable-stayed concrete bridge – as long as
Mount Everest is high (4.2 miles) 477 miles of cable stay strands in the bridge
- Gasparilla – Third largest parade in the United States – Tampa is the only city to be invaded by pirates every year
– Gasparilla Pirate Fest established in 1904
- More than 200 species of fish are found in Tampa Bay including popular sport fish
- Tampa is known as the “Big Guava” – guavas are tropical fruits found in Tampa
- Tampa is home to America’s only authentic thatched roof Irish pub Four Green Fields
- Tampa’s Hillsborough River is the fifth most popular Florida camping site
Tampa’s Historic Latin Quarter- Ybor City. Founded by Don Vicente Martinez-Ybor as a cigar-manufacturing center, Ybor City is one of only three National Historic Landmark Districts in Florida. Red brick buildings, wrought iron balconies and narrow brick streets give it an old-world charm that is a refreshing change of pace. See a “hand-rolled cigar” being made or just relax and “people watch” with a cup of Ybor’s famous café con leche.
Discover your daring in Tampa Bay’s outdoors. Tampa Bay, Florida visitors have a number of choices when it comes to discovering the area’s outdoors and natural wildlife. With a record 361 days with sunshine per year, visitors have the daily opportunity to explore outdoor adventures from paddleboarding to diving with the sharks.
Tampa Bay for food-lovers. Tampa Bay, Florida is a culinary experience – whether you delight in locally-grown creative cuisine or a filet at a world-famous steakhouse, Tampa Bay is a city for food-lovers. Here are some of Tampa Bay’s best restaurants:
Tampa Bay for Shoppers. Tampa Bay visitors have a number of choices when it comes to buying new treasures. Whether you are looking for high-end fashion and luxury items or quality, quaint boutiques with one-of-a kind finds, Tampa Bay is the ideal place to find your perfect fit!
Discover a wealth of information on travelling by Motorhome, Caravan or Boat when planning your holiday or trip of a lifetime
Which ever way you wish to travel, do it with style!