“Canada celebrates Thanksgiving much earlier than its American neighbors. Canadians give thanks the second Monday in October. Although the first version of Thanksgiving was celebrated first in Canada in 1578 in Newfoundland as opposed to the Americans in 1621. Canada actually has this holiday changed several times until 1957, when Parliament finalized the day and month. “
Answer the 10 questions on Canada and receive a certificate. If you can answer all the questions on the different countries you will become a Mini World Tour Expert. Compete with your friends and see how many certificates you can gain. All the answers can be found on the website in the related country pages. Good luck 🙂
1. People in Churchill leave their car doors unlocked in case their neighbours need to make a quick escape from polar bears.
2. There’s also a prison for polar bears who break into people’s homes for food.
2. Theres also a prison for polar bears who break into peoples homes for food.
3. No cows in Canada are given artificial hormones for milk production.
4. For one day in 1943, Ottawa designated a hospital room to be “extraterritorial” (international) ground so a Dutch princess could be born a full Dutch citizen.
(A Dutch requirement for her to keep her princess title.)
5. And every year the Netherlands sends Canada thousands of tulips to show their gratitude.
6. The quality of their tap water is often better than bottled water.
7. Canada is the most educated country in the world.
8. Canada’s post office receives millions of letters addressed to “Santa Claus, North Pole” each year. They respond to each one as Mrs. Claus.
9. During the holiday seasons, it has a volunteer service that gives free rides to those too drunk or too tired to drive.
10. George Street in Newfoundland has more bars and pubs per square feet than on any street in North America.
Browse through our attractions in Canada. With such an ambundance of wild life and natural beauty, Canada is a country with some of the best scenery and walks around. If walking is not your thing, how about taking in the views with the Rocky mountain railway? Sit back and relax as the train passes its way through the mountains giving you plenty of time for photos and to take in the backdrops. Discover Canada in your own time
Cities in Canada
Browse through Cities in Canada. Find where to visit whilst in the cities of Canada. Discover information on places to eat and nightlife you can spend your evenings dancing the night away. Find the best places to shop and where to relax after. You can also share your pictures from your visits and leave advice for other people visiting cities throughout Canada.
Places to Stay
Search through our listings of places to stay in Canada. Search through hotels or apartments in the Cities or find houses you can rent throughout Canada. If you are not interested in hotels or apartments then we also provide information on campsites and motorhome stops in Canada. Search our list of dedicated motorhome stops and find address` and contact details if available.
Canadian foods have taken on many influences over the years due to its history with Natives and the Europeans. It also has a large asian influence in its cooking. Find out all about the fod which Canadians now call their own
Discover all about food aand recipes of Canada. Maybe you have visitied Canada and fell in love with a certain food but are unsure how to make it. Borwse our recipes to find it or share your favourite with others here