Nendaz lies on a sunny terrace above the Rhone Valley near Sitten (Sion), the capital of the Valais. In winter it has everything a winter sports enthusiast could want, being at the heart of the ‘Four Valleys’ ski region with its 92 transport facilities. During the warmer seasons, it is a holiday resort popular with bikers and hikers.
The terrace of Nendaz, stretching from 1300 m to 1400 m in altitude, commands a fantastic view of the Bernese, Valais and Vaud Alps. A modern holiday resort has grown up all around the centre of this delightful old Valais village with its traditional timber houses, barns and grain stores. Siviez, eight kilometres to the south in the Nendaz valley, also belongs to this community. It is sometimes also called ‘Super Nendaz’ and cableways run from here to Mont Fort, at 3330 m the highest peak of the ‘Les 4 Vallées’ (Four Valleys) ski resort.
When you visit Nendaz, profit from the various services, infrastructures and activities which are free. So that you may spend unforgettable and affordable holidays we offer you, for example:
- 5 trails with themes
- 250 km of sign-posted itineraries for summer walks
- 200 km of sign-posted itineraries for the mountain-bike (VTT)
- The use of the funicular railway linking the centre of the resort to the telecabine
- 98 km of sign-posted itineraries along the 8 bisses (hillside irrigation canals)
- The car park of Siviez
- 92 km of sign-posted itineraries for winter walks
- The wifi in front of Nendaz Tourisme, at the departure point of the Tracouet telecabine, at the Plaine des Ecluses, at Siviez and in the mountain restaurants of NV Remontées mécaniques SA
- 4 winter shuttle buses linking the various areas of the resort to the telecabine and to the departure-points of the walks
- The winter skibus linking Haute-Nendaz to Siviez, free if you have a ski-pass
- The cross-country ski trails
- Magic carpet in the centre of Nendaz Station
- The use of a snowtubing trail, a beginners park and a snowpark at Tracouet (you have to pay for the ride up in the telecabine, but the use of all the infrastructures is free)
- The use of the beginners park at Siviez
- 7 sign-posted itineraries for hikes on snowshoes
Info Courtesy: www.nendaz.ch
Nendaz offers a richly varied children’s programme and has been awarded the ‘Families Welcome’ seal of quality. There are child-minding facilities for toddlers; toy hire; craft programmes; footpaths suitable for pushchairs; and playgrounds: absolutely everything for our smaller visitors.
Nendaz lies in the broad ‘Four Valleys’ ski region (Verbier, Veysonnaz, Nendaz, La Tsoumaz & Thyon) with 92 transport facilities and 412 km of pistes. The best access to the railways is from Siviez. There are also off-piste activities with 12 km of cross-country ski trails, 100 km of winter hiking trails and 40 km of showshoe tracks.
Discover a wealth of information on travelling by Motorhome, Caravan or Boat when planning your holiday or trip of a lifetime
Which ever way you wish to travel, do it with style!