Slovak Gulash is a soup or stew of meat and vegetables, seasoned with paprika and other spices. Its origin traces back to the 9th century to stews eaten by Hungarian shepherds.
- 400 g beef
- 60 g oil
- 80 g onion
- 600 g potatoes
- Caraway seeds-pinch
- Salt by taste
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Paprika -1/2 tsp.
- Water – 350 ml- depends on how much you want to make since its a soup-like dish
- Cut meat into squares (3cm). Chop onion. Press garlic. Cut potatoes into cubes
- Brown meat in oil, then add onion. Then add caraway, salt, garlic, paprika, and seasoning
- Mix in water and slowly boil until meat is slightly soft
- Then add the potatoes and continue to boil on low heat until potatoes and meat are soft.