The Little White House (Bia?y Domek) is a garden villa built in 1774-76 by Domenico Merlini. It housed King Stanis?aw August Poniatowski’s mistress and, for a time, Louis XVIII, who lived here in 1801-05 during his exile from France. Built in the form of a square, it has identical facades, adorned with rustication, an attic and a small pavilion at the top. The interiors were decorated by the prominent Polish painters Jan ?cis?o and Jan Bogumi? Plersch.
Though the Little White House was devastated by the Germans during World War II however, many of its interior furnishings survived. The most interesting include grotesque paintings in the dining room, 18th-century Chinese wallpaper in the parlor, the king’s bed in the bedchamber, and a cabinet in the form of an arbor with trompe-l’œil paintings by Plersch.