The Drammen Museum for Art and Cultural History, County Museum and Gallery for the region of Buskerud is a foundation created in 1996. The Foundation is made up of the former Drammen Museum, founded in 1908, the Drammen Art Society, founded in 1867 and the Foundation Gulskogen Farm, established in 1959. In addition, the Thaulow collection of art and curiosities from Modum Bad, the Austad farm and the Open-Air Museum have also entered the foundation. Thus, the Drammen Museum manages a broad cultural history of material objects, buildings and art from ancient and modern times. Since 2004, the museum has also operated the Holmsbu Art Gallery and Henrik Sørensen collections, through a consolidation agreement.
The museum is located at the historic Marienlyst estate in Drammen, however, museum buildings and parks are scattered in several places throughout the city. Marienlyst houses the permanent collections of Nøstetangenglass glass, Baroque silver, ceramics from the 1700s, furniture, textiles, interiors, religious art and folk art, as well as the museum’s permanent art and design collection.