Winter in the mountains. Would you like to combine skiing with the thrill of battling against the wind on a sled pulled by a team of dogs? The mushing schools in Tarvisio and Sella Nevea will welcome you with open arms.Do you dream of making an entrance on the dazzling slopes where the great ski champions exhibit their abilities? Then Ravascletto-Zoncolan is right up your street. Would you like to plunge into a world overflowing with snow activities especially designed for young people? If you choose Piancavallo you’ll be glad you came. Or would you prefer a sleigh ride? Sauris is your ideal location, even to take your first steps on the snow and experience the Albergo Diffuso hotel. Would you like to see the Dolomites? Forni di Sopra is waiting to greet you with the wonderful views of the ski slopes. Are you a biathlete? Your Mecca is Forni Avoltri that houses a biathlon ski resort certified by FISI (Italian Winter Sports Federation). Wherever your fancy lies, Friuli Venezia Giulia can offer a destination to grant your wishes, offering an all-round holiday with much more than simple ski activities.
Friuli Venezia Giulia means safe ski without overcrowding in the five regional ski areas of nearly over 3000 hectares of ski areas and slopes of its six ski resorts. A large range of choices with something for everyone, no matter how well you ski, and with guaranteed snow. 116 km of Cross country ski trail loops in magical surroundings.
Six resorts, a thousand things to do
- 1. Tarvisio: over 80 hectares of permanently snow-covered ski areas. Make sure you don’t miss Di
Prampero, a 4km trail with a breathtaking view, where several Women’s World Cup Ski races took place or
the Paruzzi Arena for cross country ski. Here you can practice Alpine and Nordic ski or you can have a go
at the local dog sledding school.
- 2. Sella Nevea: these high altitude slopes between 1,100 and 2,100 m, makes an ideal springtime ski resort.
Permanent site of the European Cup competitions with a slalom arena that is one of the best for this sport.
It also hosts the Ski Centre for the Italian Ski Federation (FIS) for competitions.
- 3. Forni di Sopra: a romantic corner of the Dolomites part of the famous Dolomite Nordic Ski cross-country
ski circuit, it provides a baby-snow park, sledding, ice-skating, ice-climbing and is a perfect destination for
families. There is a wellness centre with Finnish sauna, Turkish bath and a swimming pool with an
acrobatic water slide for children.
- 4. Ravascletto-Zoncolan: set in the wonderland of the Carnic Pre-Alps, with 69 hectares of ski areas that
reach an altitude of 2,000 metres. Among the various attractions, the most outstanding is the Snow Park
Arena Free Style, with a sensational boardercross and skicross track.
- 5. Piancavallo: 51 hectares of ski areas with a crowning achievement: a large snowpark where you can put
your jumps and rails to the test as well as a freestyle area and the Alpine Coaster, a bobsleigh on rails
launched on a breath-taking descent from an altitude of 1500 m nose-diving on a 15% slope. And there is
alpine ski, ice skating, snowshoeing, snow tubing.
- 6. Sauris: where you can have fun doing alpine ski and for your first steps on the snow you can try cross
country or downhill ski in a most enchanting natural environment, go snowshoeing or ride in a sleigh.
Did you know that…
- The rich calendar of winter activities has something for everyone, snowshoeing, star gazing, sleigh
rides and tours with all levels of difficulty.
- In Claut, besides ice-skating and a curling rink, there is the Ice-park, an ice-climbing tower.
Discover a wealth of information on travelling by Motorhome, Caravan or Boat when planning your holiday or trip of a lifetime
Which ever way you wish to travel, do it with style!