The Sächsische Staatskanzlei (Saxon State Chancellery or Saxon State Chamber) is the office of the Minister-President of Saxony. It is located in Dresden on the northern Elbe river banks and was established in 1995. The Staatskanzlei is managed by the State Minister and Head of the Staatskanzlei. The Free State of Saxony also established a Staatskanzlei between 1918 and 1945. The building was used by the Rat des Bezirkes (Board of the Bezirk) of the Bezirk Dresden after the German Democratic Republic had established the Bezirk subdivisions in 1952.
Building of the Staatskanzlei is the Gemeinsames Ministerialgebäude or Gesamtministerium (Joint Ministry Building’). It was built between 1900 and 1904 in Historicistic style. The golden crown at the roof is a farly visible symbol of authority in the Kingdom of Saxony during the last years of the German Empire. The building is still lettered as Königliches Ministerium des Inneren (Royal Ministry of the Interior) today.