The Petäjävesi Old Church -etäjäveden vanha kirkko, is a wooden church located in Petäjävesi, Finland. It was inscribed in 1994 on the UNESCO World Heritage List. It was built between 1763 and 1765. The clock tower that has been built in 1821 is connected to it. UNESCO considered it to be a representative Lutheran church of the Scandinavian tradition, mixing Renaissance with older Gothic architectural elements.
The church is about 1 km to the west of the centre of Petäjävesi. The church stayed from the use during the year 1879 when in 1867 the new church of the congregation which has become independent was completed to the present centre densely populated area of Petäjävesi. The old church has retained its original appearance and its interior decoration exceptionally well. It is a popular church for weddings in the summer, and there is a church service on most Sundays.
In the summer 1.6. – 31.8. Old Church is open every day from 10 to 18 (please note that ticket sales stopped for 15 minutes. before closing time).