- 4 large skinless chicken thighs (or 8 small)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups Rice
- chicken stock cube
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 clove garlic
- fresh chopped parsley
- fresh or frozen peas
Heat the oil in a large pan and gently brown the chopped onions, add the chicken thighs and garlic cloves, and leave to cook covered and on a medium heat for around 25 minutes. Skim off most of the fat and add the rice, stir well over the heat for 1-2 minutes before adding 4 cups of boiling water into which the stock cube has been disolved. Cover and bring back to the boil. Turn down the heat and leave to simmer for a further 20 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed. Scatter in the peas 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Season and sprinkle in the chopped parsley.
- This is a very versatile recipe and can be altered to suit all tastes.
- You can add any vegetables of your choice for variation.
- Replace some of the water with white wine if desired.
- Replace the peas with chopped mushrooms which have been softened in a little butter beforehand.
- Chopped smoked bacon will add a deep, rich flavour to this dish.
Discover a wealth of information on travelling by Motorhome, Caravan or Boat when planning your holiday or trip of a lifetime
Which ever way you wish to travel, do it with style!